Terms and Conditions for Use of CIS
The University of Oregon has developed and/or obtained rights to intellectual property that comprises the Career Information System (hereinafter "CIS"). By using CIS, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use CIS.
Use of CIS
The University of Oregon grants you permission to use CIS for personal benefit to research career options and create personal career development plans. Printing individualized and selected information for use in counseling and instructional programs provided by schools and agencies is permitted and encouraged. Using the content for commercial gain is prohibited. For library card access to CIS, such access is for your personal use and that of your immediate family only. You may not provide access to CIS to any other person, group, or organization.
CIS contains valuable proprietary products of the University of Oregon and other contributors embodying substantial creative efforts and confidential information, ideas, and expressions. All of CIS is protected by U.S. copyright laws and by international treaties. The right to use CIS does not transfer title, copyright, or ownership of CIS to you or any other person. You agree that CIS will at all times include the following copyright notices:
- © 2012, University of Oregon. Created by intoCAREERS, a unit of the University of Oregon. All rights reserved.
- Oregon information © 2012 University of Oregon for the Oregon Career Information System. All rights reserved.
- IDEAS: Interest Determination, Exploration and Assessment System ® (IDEAS™) Test used in software form under license from NCS Pearson, Inc. © 1977, 1996, 1999 NCS Pearson, Inc. All rights reserved. “IDEAS: Interest, Determination, Exploration and Assessment System” is a registered trademark, and “IDEAS” is a trademark of NCS Pearson, Inc.
- (O*NET) Interest Profile © 2000 U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. All rights reserved.
- (O*NET) Work Importance Locator © 2000 U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. All rights reserved.
- School information data sources: Peterson's Undergraduate and Graduate Databases, © 2012 (Peterson's, A Nelnet Company). All rights reserved. Individual colleges, universities, and private career schools, 2012.
- Scholarship information data sources: Peterson's Private Aid Database, © 2012 (Peterson's, A Nelnet Company). All rights reserved. Individual award sponsors, 2012.
- SKILLS © 2012 Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, Georgia State University, Georgia Career Information Center. All rights reserved.
- Career Cluster Inventory © 2012, University of Oregon. All rights reserved. Created by intoCareers, a unit of the University of Oregon, the Illinois Career Information System, and the Nebraska Career Information System, a unit of the University of Nebraska.
Protection of CIS
You agree not to remove, obliterate, or cancel from view any copyright, trademark, confidentiality or other proprietary notice, mark, or legend appearing on any CIS material. You also agree not to modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile any part of CIS.
You agree to take reasonable steps to keep CIS confidential and free from unauthorized use or access, and you will not divulge or make CIS accessible to any unauthorized persons.
CIS is provided on an "AS IS" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of accuracy, completeness, currency, noninfringement, title or of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by, and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under, applicable law. In no event shall University of Oregon be liable to you or any other person for loss of business or profits, or for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, arising out of the use of, or inability to use, CIS, even if University of Oregon was previously advised of the possibility of such damages, or on any other basis whatsoever.